We are home from a fantastic week away with hubby’s relatives. We were celebrating my in-law’s 50th wedding anniversary and what started as a drizzly and potentially disastrous week became a wonderful and relaxing time with everyone.
As we headed out to Provincetown where the in-laws had made reservations for all of us to take a sunset sail on a 50ish foot sail boat a cold mist descended and we even toyed with canceling the event. But the wine was chilled and the lobster rolls were packed so we all put on our brave new england faces and headed out to sea.
Because of the lousy weather it was just the 18 of us and one other couple, so of course we invited them to join us in our celebration. As it turned out it was their honeymoon! There was much toasting and picture-taking all around. The weather even cooperated. The mist lifted, giving us a spectacular sunset and a rainbow as we headed in to shore ❤
Now we are home and commencing the final countdown.
- Movers have come and packed
- House sitter has been given the final tour and official key
- Visas are here
- Time to take a final sail and pack up the boat and take down the sails 😦
- Do final loads of laundry
- Double check carry on and suitcases to make sure everything is packed
- Last visits with friends
- and last but not least get a 4H milk shake at the fair to sustain us on our long flight!